In Pursuit of Justice

how to leave ee

So you have had enough of the dreadful services you receive from EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK and want to know how to leave them. Then your answer simply depends on whether or not you can make FULL USE of ALL THE SERVICES you paid to EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK without any major problems. If you experience that you CANNOT make a FULL USE then they're in BREACH of any agreement/and or contract you have signed and you can demand that they release you without suffering any financial loses (such as early termination fee). To assist you further, EE Complaints can reveal some circumstances under which you can get out of their worthless agreement/and or contract but remember to be PERSISTANT & METHODOLOGICAL with your complaints (also see MAKE A COMPLAINT section).


Simply DO NOT renew your contract with EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK and SHARE IT with others.


If you are locked into a shambolic EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK contract then you can get out by proving you have NO SERVICE available at your HOME or your BUSINESS premises. Remember a contract is a two way agreement in that you agree to pay them for services and in return they agree to supply you with such services. If you get a persistent POOR SIGNAL or NO SIGNAL on numerous occasions at your home or business premises from EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK then write to them with your problems and if they are unable fix it, then demand that the contract is cancelled forthwith. In such circumstance EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK will most likely cancel the contract under mutual agreement because they have failed to provide you with fair service.


If EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK make changes to their contract Terms & Conditions that affect you in anyway such as INCREASE IN THEIR PRICES then you have the right to terminate the contract without the early termination fee. This is because such change is considered to have an adverse effect on you as their customer. Such instance may occur when EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK use the clause on their contract which says they reserve the right to change the contract at any time and for any reason or something similar. But fortunately that freedom comes at a cost to them. Because then EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK must give you a 30 day notice to either accept such new changes in their terms & condition or to refuse it in which case you are FREE to go without any early termination fee. Be careful though, sometimes they may not send you the required notice by way of letter in advance and then claim you have missed the 30 days window to leave. Challenge them by asking for prove that you have received such notice and use that as an opt-out clause.


This is highly NOT RECOMMENDED but theoretically you could pass the EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK contract to someone else by transferring your financial obligation to them. The contract can then be passed onto an unsuspecting prey who is UNWILLINGLY taking on the UKs WORST MOBILE NETWORK OPERATOR subject to their pathetic credit checking.


When you initially signed up to EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK's disgraceful contract, then they would have kept a copy with your signature on file (although its more difficult if you have taking it online). This is then where you can ask them to show you a copy of this contract just to clear the air. If they are unable to show you A COPY then they CANNOT held you accountable to a contract that does not exist (send Letter 4 - Asking for Prove of Unknown Debt).


The telecommunication sector is very competitive and rival companies offer incentives to move customers from one network operator to another. Such incentive may include PAYING OFF the reminder/and or most of your old contract with EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK and moving you across to them without any financial costs to you. It does not matter if you are a small, medium or high spender because anyone can get the incentive(s) to move away from EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK. So just do some research and contact rival companies and you will be surprised what you might get.


Once you have tried everything in your power to complain to EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK (See MAKE A COMPLAINT) that you are receiving a poor signal/no signal, or that recent changes to their contract terms & conditions have not been communicated to you or the fact that their overall service has affected you adversely 'such as negative credit rating on your file due to failure/mistake to collect payment' or that they have REFUSED to even deal with your complaint (like they did to the website author) then take a DIRECT COURT ACTION. Here you can take your case to small claims court which wont cost you lot and will allow you to make your argument in front of a judge (if they decide to challenge you) or otherwise they will SETTLE the claim out of court. Just remember to only include losses that have already occurred and are NOT expected future losses such as  unpaid bill.


The two main services which they provide include Mobile Phone Services as well as Broadband Services. For each service, please refer to the following process. 


If you want to keep your existing number (which most people do) then you will need to obtain a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) from EE, T-Mobile or Orange UK. This will allow you to transfer your existing number across to another network and must be issued immediately over the phone or within 2 hours following your request. PAC codes are valid for 30 days so you will have plenty of time to migrate to another network. Remember you have a legal right to obtain your PAC code and EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK are under legal obligation to provide you the code instantly.

However we are aware of instances where customers are refused their PAC codes against their wishes and had to complain to the regulator Ofcom in order to enforce the law. So if you have problems obtaining your code then notify Ofcom as soon as possible. Also be aware that sometimes EE could blackmail you to pay off your existing contract (if you are in one) in order to proceed with the migration. In this instance please refer to our previous HOW TO LEAVE section and if your case fits one of those scenarios (such as POOR SIGNAL reception at HOME or BUSINESS) then you should not be charged any early termination fee.


For broadband services, you will need a Migration Authorisation Code (MAC) from EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK. Similar to PAC process, a MAC will enable you to transfer from EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK broadband across to another network. Once request, MAC code must be provided within 5 working days of your request and has an active working span of 30 days. Again, EE, T-Mobile UK or Orange UK must provide you with the MAC code under Ofcoms regulations and they can only refuse it under the following circumstances:-

  • If they are unable to confirm your identity as the account holder
  • If the service is already disconnected or being disconnected
  • If the MAC code is already issued and can still be used
  • If they use another provider to supply you the service and they are unable to obtain it from them
  • If the service is supplied through a full Local Loop Unbundling package