Letter 2 - General Complaints (in detail) (goods/and or services)
FAO (EE Legal Department)
Mr Olaf Swantee Your address
6 Camberwell Way, Here
Tyne and Wear,
13 August 2013 Sent via First Class Recorded Delivery
Dear Mr Swantee,
RE: Notice of Legal Intent
I hereby serve notice on you of my
intention to commence legal action against EE should all matters already raised
with your company fail to be resolved within the next 14 days.
This letter is sent to you as a courtesy and for your ease of reference to ensure that you are able to take immediate charge of outstanding issues, in order to implement a solution. I have also forwarded my complaint via email (Olaf.Swantee@ee.co.uk) to limit any further damage, contractual breach and that no further issues need to be added to what now is a catalogue of disasters.
To assist you I will break down the issues raised in this letter into the following headings:
- Breach of Undertakings
- Breach of Terms & Conditions
- Breach of the Sales of Goods and Services Act
- Attempt At Resolution
Breach of Undertakings
A matter that only came to light recently was my actual billing payment.
- SAY HOW YOU WERE CHARGED EXTORTIONATE COSTS FOR NUMBER THAT SHOULD BE INCLUSIVE IN YOUR MINUTES.
Breach of Terms & Conditions
It must be clear that the standard of service provided in this case fell well short of even the poorest of expectations.
- SAY HOW THE CHARGE BREACHES THE CONTRACT/ OR AGREEMENT BECAUSE ITS WAS NEVER MENTIONED IN THERE
- SAY HOW POOR SIGNAL IS PREVENTING YOU FROM MAKING USE OF THE SERVICE WHILST AT HOME
Breach of the Sales of Goods and Services Act
There has been a fundamental breach of the terms implied by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 that the service was clearly not been carried out with reasonable care and skill. Furthermore the service hasnt match its description and is not fit for the purpose for which it was intended. I am continually getting a poor signal and am not able to make a full use the services I am paying for.
Attempt at Resolution
Its my contention that you are in breach of your contractual obligations, in addition to your own terms, conditions & guarantees. It is my view that I have now lost confidence with EE to supply me with fair and impartial service without falling prey to extortionate charges that are not mentioned in your terms and conditions. Furthermore it is my contention that as result of your poor signal I am not able to make use of the service I pay for. For these reasons I will EE to issue refund of the charges and release me from the contract forthwith.
Please note that I reserve the right to commence appropriate action after this date without further notice and in such an event will seek full costs and damages.
In conclusion can you now confirm the following: -
- You will investigate the extortionate charges applied to my account and refund accordingly
- You will release me from the contract due lack of signal at my home
- You will improve your customer
services to ensure customers are not mistreated.
You are kindly requested to reply to my communication in writing so as to avoid any further issues been caused.
Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.
Mr J Bloggs
- Use this letter for all your general complaints against EE, T-Mobile UK and Orange UK.
- Just amend the details shown in red and add the particular complaint problems you are experiencing (i.e. your phone freezing/shutting down, poor 3G/4G signal, unplanned network downtime, unknown charges/costs or anything else about their general bad customer service).
- Remember they are under duty of care to handle the services you pay for with reasonable care and skill failing which you are entitle to have it cancelled without an early termination fee.
- For detial information on the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 Click Here